A superlative hillstomp on the three southerly peaks in the Mt. Cardigan range. We were planning on hiking up Mt. Moosilauke today but I forgot I had a dental appointment this morning so we settled on this shorter hike a little closer to home. This is a fine seven-mile, half-day hike that coughs up the eye candy with relatively little effort compared to, say, hiking most of the Kinsman Ridge in a day. And I don’t think the boys minded having a mellow hike after the Memorial Day hillstomp on Franconia Ridge.
The Samurai was invited on the Morning Liftoff radio show this morning. I wish Morning Liftoff had a website I could link you to for more information about the show ’cause I’d do it in a Samurai second! It’s a first-rate, locally-produced morning show that airs from 6 to 9 every weekday morning on WNTK, the voice of the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire and Vermont. The G-Team, shown here to the left, is the three-person crew of this outstanding show. They are George Russell (front and center, flamboyant leader after whom the team is named), Pete Merrigan (left), and Hilary Cogen (right).
In case you missed the show, some of the appliance topics we yakked about were:
- Do-it-yourself is a growth business. Fixitnow.com Samurai Appliance Repair Man gets over 2,400 visitors a day and traffic has increased every month for the past two years!
- Who is the Samurai and how’d he get into fixing stuff?
- How long should appliances last?
- Washer flood prevention: steel-braided washer fill hoses are the cheapest flood insurance money can buy.
- White vinyl dryer vents are a big bozo no-no!
- In the New London, NH, area, call 526-7129 anytime for fast, expert in-home service.
I also recorded five new appliance tips to run as time/weather spots. Listen for them on WNTK!