My wife recently received some medical information on the protein supplement that I’ve come to know and love and helps to buttress by faith in soy, my favorite dietary staple.
This information was offered by Dr. Nasr (they didn’t give his full name). Dr. Nasr has a B.S. in Agronomy; M.S. in Biochemistry of anti-oxidants and a PH.D. in Pharmacognosy (science of bio-active
products). He received his M.D. from Rush Medical College in Chicago, followed by Internal Medicine and Cardiology fellowships from Chicago Medical School. He is a member of the American College
of Nutraceuticals and the American College of Preventive Medicine and is Director of the Medical Care & Diagnostic Center, Lake Villa, Il 847-356-9009. Contact Dr. Nasr for the actual research studies. He uses this soy exclusively because it has the very best and most complete soy protein and isoflavone content.
Below is a synopsis from Kay Beers’ notes.
2. Sixty (60) studies have been conducted showing soy protein
increases bone density more than just Calcium Magnesium does.
3. Two studies show that soy and vitamin E, together, decrease LDL
(bad cholesterol) by 40% and that is 17% greater decrease than Zocor
4. Four studies show that soy protein inhibits oxidation of LDL
(bad cholesterol) by 40%. When cholesterol oxidizes, it
becomes “sticky” and in this condition is when it can attach to
blood vessel walls.
5. Soy prevents gall stones. It doesn’t dissolve them but it
6. Soy prevents kidneys from damage. Lots of animal protein may be
hard on the kidneys, but soy protein protects the kidneys.
7. French fries at major fast food establishments are crispy. That
is a value for the store. Some french fries are coated with a
protein substance that when combined with the sugar in the potato
and then heated, give them added crispness. Unfortunately that
combination of sugar, protein and high heated fat produces a
carcinogen. Probably a good idea to avoid all French fries.
8. This protein includes valuable protein and isoflavones
that are not present in other soy proteins produced with heat or
chemicals. The low heat – water wash process keeps the
isoflavones in the protein. Isoflavones are natural cancer fighting
ingredients that occur naturally in soy.
9. Soy’s protein and Isoflavones inhibit the mutated cell’s
ability to make an enzyme that would cause the cell it to reproduce.
10. Soy inhibits the cancer cell from making the body provide it
with additional blood supply (additional blood supply is called
11. Soy increases the killing effect of the white blood cells
12. Soy’s amino acid Lysine when combined with Vitamin C decreases
Colon Cancer by 90%.
13. The flavanoids when combined
with Soy Protein are synergistic (they work even better together)
and decrease breast cancer 10 fold.
14. Beta carotene when combined with Soy Protein and Calcium with Vitamin D are 10 times as effective at preventing cancer cells from getting an addition blood
15. Women in the Orient get about 80mg of Isoflavones a day; women
in US and Europe get about 1.0 mg. That’s an 80% negative difference
for US and Europe.
16. Soy protein helps the differentiated cell (bad cell) convert
back to a normal cell.
Dr. Nasr also listed the several forms of protein and the length of
their chain of Amino Acids. The shorter the chain, the more quickly
the Amino Acids can be absorbed and utilized.
1. Soy has the shortest chain and takes less than an hour.
2. Fish is next.
3. Chicken takes about 4 hours.
4. Beef takes about 5 hours.
5. Pork takes about 6-8 hours to digest.
Yea verily, soy is still green!
|Find Appliance Parts & Diagrams Here|
|Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.|