In case you’re wondering why I haven’t been posting much lately, it’s because I’ve been busy setting up the new dojo for the repair forum, also known as the Samurai School of Appliantology.
Until recently, the forum was hosted at MSN Groups. I was becoming increasingly disgusted with MSN’s crude forum features: no search for the forum, couldn’t edit your own posts, and couldn’t tell who was the last to reply in a thread. Consequently, many followup questions in a thread would go unanswered as they got pushed down the list by the avalanche of new questions.
I finally got so fed up with the crude forum features and glitches at MSN Groups that I sat down on my duff and did something about it. I installed the WoWBB software on my server and have been busy setting up the new school. The new forum has been online for just over a week and it already has critical mass.
Among some of the many nice features available at the new forum are:
- As a registered user, you can edit your own posts.
- You can send private messages to other members of the board.
- You can keep track of the topics you are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics.
- You can receive daily e-mail digests of posts in forums you are interested in.
- You can have avatars (small pictures to represent yourself on the board).
To take advantage of all the features of the new forum, you’ll need to register. But this process is much less intrusive and byzantine that the Microslop .NET crap. It’s a much more pleasant place in which to hold class for do-it-yourself appliance repair. Come on, check it out.
|Find Appliance Parts & Diagrams Here|
|Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.|
365-day return policy on all parts ordered through this site!