This procedure is for the Whirlpool Duet (not the Duet “Sport”) and Kenmore HEt front load washers. Example Whirlpool model numbers: GHW9100L GHW9200L GHW9150
Manually Unlocking the Door Lock System
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the lower kick panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front and locate the bottom of the door switch/lock unit.
4. Located on the bottom of the door switch/lock unit is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about a ¼” or until a click is heard.
6. The door may be opened.
To learn more about your washing machine, or to order parts, click here.
|Find Appliance Parts & Diagrams Here|
|Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.|