Example model number: WFW9200SQ00
The F28 error code will be accompanied by no drum movement. The drain pump may be inop as well.
Sublime Master Strathy from the Samurai School of Appliantology shares this kata for troubleshooting an F28 error code in a Whirlpool Duet Sport (also sold under the Kenmore label) washer.
OK … going by memory here.
- First ohm out your motor. You should have approx 6 ohms between 1-2,1-3 and 2-3. You should also get 120 ohms on 5-6 which is the tach on the motor. If that is good …
- Open up the little flap on the MCU board. Start a regular wash cycle and check for voltages at the MCU. On the pink wires you should get 120v. (With the wires connected to the MCU – don’t disconnect them to check the voltage.) On the connector with the little blue wires – you should have 5 vDC.
- If you are getting the correct voltages at the MCU and the motor ohms out good, then you have a bad MCU.
- If you are not getting those readings at the MCU, then check continuity on the blue wires and the 2 pink wires from the CCU to the MCU.
- If you have continuity on all wires and the connections look good, then you have a bad CCU.
Part links (click images for larger view and purchase info):
To learn more about your washing machine, or to order parts, click here.
|Find Appliance Parts & Diagrams Here|
|Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.|
365-day return policy on all parts ordered through this site!