These hard-won service tips from the field apply to the Frigidaire Affinity front loading washer and to Kenmore front loaders with a model number prefix of 417. Loose connections and pinched wires are common causes for this problem. Here are the top four things to check gleaned from actual hand-to-hand combat with these washers:
1. Check all the connections on your speed control board (inside the cabinet, mounted to one side, has wires going to the motor), the one connector with the small wires has no locking tab and likes to come loose.
2. Try unplugging the wires to the motor and plugging them back in.
3. There is a wiring harness to the speed control board that gets pinched by the tub going off balance; it’s the one with the thin wires, when looking through the back panel. Look for where the tub would hit the speed board and right between there is where the friggineers routed the smallest wires in the machine. CAUTION: the edge around that opening is as sharp as a razor! I suggest placing black tape all around the edge on that side.
4. Broken pump wires, of all weird things, have been known to cause this error. May be accompanied by one of the errors above.
If all that checks out and no joy, then my rule of thumb for Friggidaires applies: if the error code is in the 40′s, replace the door latch assembly.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
To learn more about your washing machine, or to order parts, click here.
|Find Appliance Parts & Diagrams Here|
|Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.|