Dryer Won’t Heat, Found Burnt Wire on Thermostat. Could This Burn My House Down?

by Samurai Appliance Repair Man on June 24, 2010

in Dryer Repair

Short answer: No.

This happens frequently. Over time, the cheap, stamped-metal terminals loosen just enough to make heat, sometimes enough to char the terminal and wire. Once it’s charred the wire enough to stop heating, it’s also stopped the current flow through the thermostat and hence any danger of burning your house down. Just fix it and chill. You’ll need to replace the thermostat, too. You can buy a replacement thermostat ratcheer.

Burnt Wire and Terminal on a Dryer Thermostat

To learn more about your dryer, or to order parts, click here.

Find Appliance Parts & Diagrams Here
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

365-day return policy on all parts ordered through this site!

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Previous post:

Next post:

Real Time Web Analytics